Fish Cutlets


This was totally an experiment. I was looking around in the pantry and saw 2 cans of tuna. Next thing you know, I got inspired to make some spiced tuna cutlets. And they are delicious!! The texture is very similar to crabcakes.

Ingredients:
2 cans Tuna (in water) drained
Panko bread crumbs (regular bread crumbs will work; I found these in Trader Joes and I've seen them used in cooking shows so I decided to use Panko - they give a lighter crispier breading)

1 egg beaten
Onion (1/2 red)
3 little green chillis or 1 serrano
Ginger (1 piece grated)
Garlic 1 teaspoon
Mashed potatoes (I used instant garlic potatoes)

In a nonstic pan, add oil for sautee. Add ginger, garlic and chilli. Sautee till fragrant. Add onions. Add Tuna (drained). Sautee. Add potato (2-3 tablespoons). Cool.

Make 6 round balls and flatten to make shape of cake/cutlet. Dip in egg (this is a binding agent). Then coat with breadcrumbs. Fry lightly in a thin layer of canola. Flip in between.
Serve with salad (Arugula and cucumber would be good on the side)

Comments

Popular Posts