Refreshing Watermelon and Feta Summer Salad


Watermelon might be my second favorite fruit after mango. This summer, try this delicious and simple watermelon salad. It will take you less than 10 minutes and the taste is thirst quenching and refreshing. I first saw this on the TV show 'Next food network star' last season but since then I've seen it literally everywhere -I've seen versions with olives (Nigella, Oprah) and red onions (Paula Deen) but I like it just simple.
It's hip, cool, healthy, refreshing and a perfect complement to your July 4th bbq celebrations. And if you are a little hesitant about combining feta with watermelon, let me just tell you that it is the perfect combo of sweet and salty and you have to try it to see what I mean.
Pick a good watermelon that has deep red color. July is a good time because they are in season and everywhere!

Ingredients:
Watermelon sliced, no seeds
Feta cheese crumbled
Balsamic vinegar
Mint leaves chopped

Spread the sliced watermelon on a plate or dish. Crumble feta with fingers and spread over the watermelon. Drizzle balsamic vinegar. Top with mint leaves. How simple is that!

Comments

  1. Wow that looks and sounds soooo delicious. I could almost taste it while I was reading the ingredients. I will try it soon.
    Thanks Smita.

    ed pasco

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts