Simple green beans with cumin and coconut

Today I found a bag of frozen green beans that were small diced and I got an idea to make them with cumin and shredded coconut. Sort of like I used to eat at home in India. It turned out to be a keeper!! I had to blog it so I wouldn't forget it. Its a really simple dish but has good flavor. It passed my toddlers test so its a kid friendly dish too.  So if you are in the mood to spice up your green beans sometime, try this!


Ingredients:
Small diced green beans (fresh if you have time or frozen is also ok)
Cumin seeds (1/2 tsp)
Mustard seeds (1/2 tsp)
Turmeric powder (1 tsp)
Coriander Powder (1 tsp)
Ground coconut (frozen from fresh)


1) In a non-stick sauté pan, heat a couple teaspoons of canola oil
2) When the oil is hot, add cumin and mustard seeds and wait till they crackle. Immediately add the powdered spices.
3) Add the green beans and saute for 5 minutes. Top with softened coconut. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts