Paneer 1 package 14 oz (from any Indian store)
Peas 1 cup (frozen peas work really well)
Tomato paste (half a can)
Onion garlic and ginger paste (Puree with 1/2 onion, 3 cloves garlic and 2 inch ginger)
Turmeric powder 3/4 teaspoon
Cumin powder 1 tsp
Coriander powder 1.5 teaspoons
Red Chilli powder 1/2 teaspoon
Garam Masala 1/2 tsp
1) Cut paneer into bite size cubes and lightly fry in canola oil. They will get a nice brown color very quickly. Set aside
2) Puree onion, ginger and garlic in a small food processor
3) In a nonstick and using 3 tablespoons of oil sautee bay leaf, and onion paste until light brown
4) Add all the spices, salt and sugar. Sautee until they cook together and so the flavors blend. Very soon, add the tomato paste and 1/2 cup of water. Stir gently to loosen up the sauce and create a nice tomato sauce mixed well with the spices
6) Cook for 10 to 15 minutes until the oil seeps out of the sauce. Add water if it get dry.
7) Add peas and paneer. Simmer for 10 minutes. Taste and season as needed.
8) Serve with steamed rice or naan