Chicken Dijon & Garden Thyme
- Chicken Thighs (boneless skinless) 1 lb
- 1 Red pepper sliced
- 1 - 2 Shallots sliced and/or 1/4 red onion
Marinade (Pantry) Ingredients:
- 2 Tblsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 lemon (juice)
- 2 tblsp EVOO
- 2 tblsp Tomato Paste (Cento in a Tube)
- Fresh lemon thyme (4 to 6 sprigs) - leave whole with stem (I prefer this) to preserve flavor. This was from the garden and not from a store.
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves (grated with small grater)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Slice 2 shallot or substitute with red onion. Slice red peppers lengthwise.
- Make the Marinade
- Whisk together the tomato paste, lemon juice, mustard, EVOO, garlic, salt, pepper, and chili in a medium bowl. Sprinkle the thyme.
- Line a fancy baking dish with olive oil or spray so the food doesn't stick too much.
- Either marinate the chicken in the marinade suing fingers OR Place the chicken in the baking dish and pour the marinade over. Make sure the chicken is coated.
- Spread the Shallots (and/or red onions) and red peppers around pushing them in between the chicken and on top.
- Bake the chicken uncovered for 25 mins
- Enjoy with rice or pasta and a salad
- Make Ahead: You can make this ahead and store in fridge. Bake later when eating or after guests arrive.