Roasted Brussel Sprouts
I love barefoot contessa and who better for some deliciously simple and fresh roasted brussel sprouts!
- Bag of Brussels sprouts (whole foods has the best quality)
- 3 tablespoons good olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
1) Cut off the brown ends of the Brussels sprouts and pull off any yellow outer leaves. Leave the small one whole but cut the bigger ones into half so that all pieces can get a crispy coat
2) Mix them in a bowl with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
3) Transfer them on to a sheet pan and roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. Shake the pan from time to time to brown the sprouts evenly.