Soy Ginger Chicken
8 Chicken thighs (2 packs from Publix where they are always fresh and cheap too)
3 Scallions (green part only chopped)
1/2 cup of Light or Dark Soy
1/2 cup of Worcestershire sauce
Ginger paste (fresh or jar)
Pepper fresh ground
1) In a large glass bowl, place the chicken thighs and make gashes in them with a sharp knife (3 to 4 per thigh)
2) Add the ginger, worcestershire, soy, scallions, salt and pepper
3) Mix well opening and coating the chicken (i use my fingers which work best)
4) Transfer to ziplock and store in fridge
5) When ready to cook, heat a couple teaspoons of olive oil to a nonstick pan. Before the oil is too hot, add the chicken and cook on medium to high for 4 to 5 minutes. It will blacken/char but reduce heat if too charred depending on how you like it
6) Turn and cover with foil. This is a tip I got from blue apron and it works really well here. Cook for 5 minutes.
7) Serve with a vegetable like green beans and rice pilaf or eat as a sandwich with multigrain slices. Enjoy!
TIP: Store then chicken in a large ziplock bag to reduce clutter in your fridge. Its easy to pull them out one at a time with tongs and all you need is a small non-stick pan to make them in.