Garlic red potatoes
This is a recipe that we made on christmas day at sanomausi's house. Very simple but yummy.
15-20 red potatoes
1 small white onion or half of a medium white
6 - 8 fresh pods of garlic
5 sprigs cilanto (parsely, thyme can be added too)
- Boil potatoes for 15 mins and set aside to cool. Make side cuts and then cut into half
- Chop the garlic and onion fine (small diced for onion, almost paste for garlic)
- Add olive oil to a flat nonstick pan. When hot, add garlic. Sautee till fragrant (5 mins). Add onions and sautee with the garlic past tanslucence. Add a bit of lemon juice. Add fresh ground pepper and salt. Sautee. Add a bit of cilantro/parsley.
- Add potatoes and toss lightly. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed. Place in small baking dish and bake at 350 for 20 minutes with dollops of butter on top.
- Garnish with parsely/cilantro
- If making previos night, bake the next day. Tastes even better.