Chicken and White Bean Chili (toddler-friendly collection)
2 pounds ground chicken
4 teaspoon olive oil
3 cloves garlic chopped
2 bay leafs
1 small medium red onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
cumin 1/4 tsp is optional
Two 15 to 19-ounce cans white kidney beans (cannellini), rinsed and drained
One 16-ounce jar mild salsa verde (green)
Swanson reduced-sodium chicken broth - 16 ounces or more is necessary (I usually buy 32 Oz of broth and end up using three fourths of that container because I like it soupy)
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
1) In a large dutch oven (or other heave bottom pot), add 2 teaspoons of olive oil and saute chicken till cooked. Season with salt and pepper as you cook. Break up the chicken so it doesn't clump.
2) Place chicken aside in a bowl. Often, I set aside 2 cups of the cooked chicken and use it for tacos because I like having less meat in the chilli but you can adjust as you like.
3) In the same dutch oven, add rest of oil (2 teaspoons). Heat and saute garlic till it sizzles. Add bay leaf, onions and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Add Oregano, cayenne pepper and cumin. Next add the jar of Salsa Verde followed by the beans and chicken stock
4) Add the chicken, cover and cook on high until boiling. Then lower and cook for 20 minutes.
5) Sprinkle cilantro at the end
This is delicious and was enjoyed by Tashi, Margaret and Cyla!