Valrhona chocolate brownies
Ingredients for a full tray
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
2 cup white sugar (as a variation next time, I will use 1/2 cup white and 1 cup brown sugar to make it not so sweet)
4 brown eggs
1 cup self-rising flour (or if you want to use regular flour you can use 1 cup all purpose flour + 1 tsp baking powder)
1/3 cup + 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (Valrhona is the best cocoa but you can use a different brand too)
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon Madagascar bourbon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and lightly flour a 9X13 inch baking pan.
2) In a medium bowl, beat together the butter and sugar. Add eggs, and mix well.
3) In another bowl, combine the flour, cocoa and salt. Stir into the sugar mixture.
4) Mix in the vanilla and stir in walnuts if desired. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
5) Bake for 25-35 mins based on your oven until edges are firm. Mine was best at 34 minutes.
6) Cool before cutting into squares. Use the chop and scoop gadget to cut & scoop brownies from the glass baking dish -- it works really well.