Summer Herb Garden Chickpea Salad
Perfect summer salad and you can use one, tow or all the summer fresh herbs that you like.
- 2 Cans of Chickpeas (12 ounce)
- 1/4 to 1/2 red onion diced (depending on how pungent you want the red onion flavor to be)
- English cucumber (half and diced). Small/pickling cucumber also ok (2)
- Red Bell Pepper (1/2 diced)
- Tomato (1/4 to 1/4 beefsteak tomato de-seeded and diced)
- Olive Oil, Salt, Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1 Lemon squeezed (de-seeded)
- Fresh Mozzarella (1/2 ball cubed)
- Cilantro, Flat leaf Parsley (couple sprigs), Chives (4 needles), Basil (2 leaves), Mint (3 leaves). I used 2 sprigs fresh thyme (german thyme) too but I think this one overpowers the subtle flavors of cilantro and parsley so I will skip thyme this all together. But its your preference. This salad is so versatile - you can literally add any hers you like.
Directions: Toss in a bowl and adjust flavors with salt, lemon and pepper. Enjoy.
Some variations include adding Feta Crumbled, Black Olives, Celery.
Post a Comment